Slip the NextSling over your head.
Remove the Velcro® on the biceps cuff and forearm and place the injured arm into the NextSling.
Velcro® the forearm and biceps cuff and adjust all NextSling adjustable components for a snug and comfortable fit.
The provider will fit the NextSling to the patient when it is first put on making it very easy for the patient to put on and take off by themselves.
This applies to a patient standing, sitting, or laying down. The Provider Fitting Method also applies when another person provides assistance with putting on the NextSling.
The shoulder straps can be cut to the desired length and the Y-Tab Velcro® piece can be removed and reattached. An abduction pillow can also be worn with the NextSling. With all the NextSling adjustable components, you can remove the shoulder strap on the injured arm for additional rotation and still receive the benefits of the NextSling backpack system.
Remove the NextSling by reversing the above steps. Please see the videos below.
Providers Putting On
Patients Putting On
Patients Taking Off
This is a helpful way to put on the NextSling to limit movement of the injured shoulder.
- Slip the NextSling over your head.
- Remove the Velcro® on the biceps cuff and both forearms (this can be done before or after slipping over your head based on preference) and unbuckle the shoulder straps.
- Bend over to place the NextSling on a solid surface and then place the injured arm into the completely open NextSling.
- Velcro® the forearms and biceps cuff and buckle the shoulder straps.
Always adjust all NextSling adjustable components for a snug and comfortable fit once on.
- Waist Straps: The waist straps can be adjusted for optimal fit, comfort, abduction, rotation, and overall positioning.
- Shoulder Straps: The shoulder straps can be cut to the desired length and the Y-Tab Velcro® piece can be removed and reattached. You can also remove the shoulder strap on the injured arm for additional rotation and still receive the benefits of the NextSling backpack system.
- Back Pad Straps: The back pad straps can be adjusted so the NextSling sits comfortably on your shoulders and back.
- Biceps Cuff & Forearm Velcro®: You can remove the Velcro® on the Biceps Cuff and Forearms before or after slipping over your head based on preference.
Please reference the Provider Fitting Method when another person assists with putting on the NextSling.
- There are two pieces of the NextSling, the Sling, and the Harness. Disconnect the pieces by unbuckling the shoulder buckles and waist buckles.
- Apply the Harness over the shoulders while standing behind the patient.
- Place the injured arm in the Sling while standing in front of the patient and Velcro® the forearms and biceps cuff.
- Buckle the shoulder straps and the waist straps. The sticker color on the shoulder buckle will match the color of the buckle being inserted into it to make it easy to tell how the sling wears.
The NextSling’s infinite adjustments ensure that a patient’s shoulders, back, arm, wrist, and hand are comfortable, secure, and positioned for maximum recovery.
Adjustments and Rotation for Optimal Recovery and Comfort
Measure the length from the elbow to the webbing of the fingers.
Small: 10-13 inches
Medium: 13-15 inches
Large: 15-19 inches
With all the available adjustments, patients can even switch between sizes for greater or less hand use on the injured limb based on optimal recovery.
SlingSlip Fitting Instructions
Customization for Your Storage and Style Needs
Small Sling: Small/Medium SlingSlip
Medium Sling: Small/Medium SlingSlip or Medium/Large SlingSlip
Large Sling: Medium/Large SlingSlip
Wearing the SlingSlip with no Abduction Pillow
Simply attach the Velcro® above the interior pocket of the SlingSlip to the Velcro® on the front of the sling and then attach the Velcro® on the bottom of the SlingSlip to the Velcro® on the back of the sling where the abduction pillow typically attaches to.
Wearing the SlingSlip with an Abduction Pillow
When attaching with an abduction pillow simply follow the above directions, but attach the Velcro® on the bottom of the SlingSlip to only a portion of the Velcro® on the back of sling so there is still room to attach the abduction pillow Velcro® to the Velcro® on the back of the sling.